Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Africa: Open For Business

In the continued spirit of the season of good cheer, I've put up the documentary, Africa: Open for Business. It was voted fourth most popular documentary on BBC World this year. The stories come from three countries, Ruff 'n' Tumble in Nigeria, HFC Bank in Ghana, 1000 Cups Coffee in Uganda. They're hopeful and inspiring, and point to the entrepreneurial spirit which could wake Africa fom its slumber.

Bloody Google Video won't host the video because of copyright infringement. I'm performing a public service here, who the hell watches BBC World? I'll see what I can do.

Here goes... The revolution will be televised!

Part 1


Part 2


Part 3

6 comments:

Zaynnah Magazine said...

Very inspiring!

I've met Nike Ogunlesi (Ruff'n'Tumble). She's a beautiful person - extremely talented but also very humble. Lovely.

Anonymous said...

The Africa You never See: This Carol Pineau’s film was featured at the Cannes Film Festival last year. Quite inspiring, yes!

See WP for some background info:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58294-2005Apr16.html

Anonymous said...

Nike Ogunlesi is my aunt. I am extremely proud of her. I watched the video on your blog yesterday but can't seem to be able to watch it today even with the new adjustments :-(

Marin said...

I have also not been able to watch the videos although I would so love to....

Nkem said...

Okay, I'll try again.

Moody Crab said...

Nice and very inspiring! Nike Ogunlesi is a family friend(infact she wanted my step-sis to appear in one of her adverts!)

Hope this good new/image overshadows the negative publicity we get abroad!